The Great New York State Golden Snowball Contest 1 is a tradition dating back to the 1970's, the Golden Snowball Contest2 awards the title of the snowiest big city in upstate New York at the end of each winter season. The cities in contention are Albany, Binghamton, Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse. Syracuse seems to reign supreme, winning the award most frequently, yet Rochester and Buffalo are often following close behind.
- The official Golden Snowball site
- Wikipedia article on blizzard
- Wiktionary definition of misery
- Wikipedia article on snow
1. Adapted from RocWiki Golden Snowball Page
2. Not to be confused with the Yellow Snowball Contest