Life with Kids in Buffalo is an adventure. Here are a few activities for children to enjoy in the region.
- Adventure Landing - Website - year round Miniature Golf, Arcade, & Teddy Bear Factory
- Darien Lake: Theme Park Resort is a huge park 30 miles West of Rochester (formerly a 6 Flags Park)
- Martin's Fantasy Island - Website - 2009 season opens May 9th.
- Spinners Family Skate Center - West Seneca
- Strong Museum Rochester has an indoor butterfly conservatory.
- Zooz - Website - Stevensville, Ontario, Canada - reopens spring 2009
- Amherst Museum - ParentsConnect.com -Parents Pick 2008
- Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens is a great place to enjoy nature. It's great on days when it's nasty outside, which is something that might happen in Buffalo once and a while. ;-)
- Buffalo and Erie County Historical Society has exhibits that are child friendly including a model railroad display http://www.railbarons.org.
- Explore and More is a children's museum in East Aurora that has hands-on activities. At $5 per person, it's a reasonable price.
- Genesee Country Village & Museum is a recreation of an 19th-century village.
- Niagara Power Project Visitors Center is located along the Niagara Falls gorge and offers 50 activities. Admission is free.1
- Strong Museum (Rochester) - is a world-class children's museum which includes Sesame Street and a play Wegman's
- Locust Street Neighborhood Art Classes
- Rotary Rink at Fountain Plaza is located at the corner of Main and Chippewa Streets. It offers free, outdoor ice-skating. If you don't own ice skates, you can rent them there as well.2
Notes and References