Shuffle Off to Buffalo is term referring to the lyrics of an historical song from the 1933 movie, "42nd Street", to a tap dance step, and to railroad related saying that dates back before 1933. The term is now applied to all manner of things related to Buffalo - see below.
Music and Film History
- 42nd Street - 1933 Film 1Shuffle Off to Bufflalo was one of the movie numbers written by Harry Warren (music) and Al Dubin (lyrics).
- YouTube Video from Movie
- Play Movie Song - .WAV file from Western NY RR Historical Society
- Lyrics from the 42nd Street Soundtrack
- Cartoon 1933 - Shuffle Off To Buffalo - flock of storks leaving with babies - see IMDB Plot Summary also see Big Cartoon Database
- 1943 Film reatured Song Shuffle Off To Buffalo in The Hard Way, 1943 Film - Sung and Danced by Jack Carson and Joan Leslie (voice dubbed by Sally Sweetland) at a vaudeville show
- 42nd Street - 1980 Broadway Musical - featured Shuffle Off to Buffalo in Act II
- Lyrics Summary - excellent reference: on LyricsPlayGround.com
- Lawrence Welk Rendition
- Stolen Sweets and Play the Song (M3U)
- Play from PlayListCentral on Rhapsody.com
Tap and Other Dances
- Tap Dancing - How to Shuffle Off to Buffalo on eHow.com
- YouTube Video Demonstration
- The Madison aka "The Jackie Gleason" is based on a tap dance movement known as "Shuffle Off to Buffalo" 2.
All Manner of Things
- Airline Promo - Shuffle off to Buffalo for $131 - " If you're looking for a slightly bizarre, but really cheap, winter vacation, take a hard look at Buffalo, N.Y. Thanks to a strange Northwest Airlines promotion, you can get super-cheap tickets to the home of the NFL's Bills and NHL's Sabers from Sea-Tac. Today I found tickets for a shocking $131 for a variety of dates through February on nwa.com . Other West Coast cities have cheap fares ($178 from Los Angeles to Buffalo, for example) but none seems as cheap as from Seattle. "
- Video - Malls and Clothing Stores - PhotoBucket Video Clip
- This Aussie loves shuffle off to Buffalo
- Mets Shuffle Off To Buffalo - "September 22, 2008 - The Mets signed a two-year player development contract with the Buffalo Bisons who become their new AAA affiliate, ending their association with the New Orleans Zephyrs."
- And Stealing Our Line - Shuffle off to Ruffalo