|On the Web|
|Turkey Trot Page|
|Many Faces Video|
Established in 1896, the YMCA Turkey Trot is the oldest continually run footrace in North America, even older than the Boston Marathon1. The race generates funds for YMCA services in the Buffalo Region.
The Turkey Trot runs every Thanksgiving morning, and has reported over 10,000 participants for this 8-kilometer race2.
2009 - 114th Annual Turkey Trot 8k Race
Race Route runs down Delaware Avenue from just south of the Delaware YMCA near Hertel Avenue to pass around Niagara Square to left at Church Street, and north on Franklin Street to the finish line in front of the Buffalo Niagara Convention Center. Google Map of Route
- Thursday, November 26, 2009 at 9:00am the annual event kicks off. Post-race celebration and awards ceremony. See website page for video and details.
- New for 2009 (video): long-sleeve t-shirts, disposable timing device, shuttle-bus, alcohol-free post race party area in convention center.
- Use the Registration above or do an RSVP on the Facebook page.
- 2009 Results on RunnerSpace.com
- Proposal at Finish Line on WIVB.com
2001 Photos also on RunnerSpace.com