Welcome. Join us in sharing what you know about Chattanooga, Tennessee.
1. A mid-sized city (MSA pop. 537,889) in southeast Tennessee known for bootstrapping itself back from the brink through public visioning and public-private partnership in what has become known as the Chattanooga Renaissance.
2. Also known as "The Scenic City" because of its location on both sides of the Tennessee River in a valley surrounded by mountains and ridges (most notably Lookout Mountain, Signal Mountain, and Missionary Ridge).
3. Also known as "The Gig City" because in 2010 it became the first (and to date only) city in America to establish a community-wide fiber optic network capable of providing up to one gigabit per second (1024 Mbps) Internet speeds to every home and business in the 600 square mile area.
- Restaurants & Bars
- Retail & Grocery
- Events & Festivals
- Entertainment & the Arts
- Community Calendars
Civic and Community Engagement
- Early Childhood
- Hamilton County Department of Education
- Private Schools (K-12)
- Higher Education
- Chattanooga Public Library
Localism, new economy
[this front directory page could use some work. Feel free to edit & add categories or other good jumping off points]
Not sure where to start? Create or edit one of these pages that should exist.
see Maintenance & Upkeep for a list of small, easy tasks to improve ChaWiki
Cover photo by Frank Kehren, CC-BY-NC-ND.