Wesley Heights, Charlotte’s only Historic District located on the Westside. Wesley Heights retains an amazing degree of its original character. The neighborhood was developed primarily in the 1920′s on the nineteenth-century farm of Charlotte livery stable owner John Wadsworth. It involved some of the same interests responsible for the creation of the Elizabeth neighborhood in Charlotte. Wesley Heights has survived some dramatic changes in its history, and yet still appears much like it did when it was served by Charlotte’s streetcar system. Wesly Heights was close to two trolley lines in the early days of streetcar neighborhoods and is an intact example of an early twentieth century community with pleasing architectural integrity and character. The neighborhood’s Bungalow style homes and tree canopied streets compliment the involvement of Wesley Height’s residents, whose efforts led to the listing of the area on the National Register of Historic Places in 1994.