General About the Organization/Mission : Healthy Roots is a project that focuses on healthy, traditional lifestyle and food issues in the Eastern Band of Cherokee.
Basic Info : Healthy Roots educates and advocates for access to and growing healthy, traditional Cherokee foods. It also educates on traditional Cherokee forms of movement and activity in order to foster healthy lifestyles among the Eastern Band.
|Type of Organization||Non-profit|
Issues of Focus : Fostering healthy traditional Cherokee lifestyle
History of Organization : Healthy Roots is a project of Cherokee Choices, the Diabetes Prevention Program of the Eastern Band of Cherokee.
Programs and Projects :
- Cherokee Youth Garden, (a half-acre community garden)
- Cherokee Central Schools Hydroponic Lettuce Production
- Cherokee Middle School Garden Club
Partners and Frequent Collaborators
- Cherokee Choices, the Diabetes Prevention Program of the Eastern Band of Cherokee
- local public schools
Future Developments for This Wiki
- more information on programs and focus