- Bank of America
- Butte Community Bank
- Chase Bank (formerly Washington Mutual)
- Tri Counties Bank
- U.S. Bank
- Wells Fargo
Credit Unions are not-for-profit cooperatives that offer the same services as a bank. In many cases, you can save a great deal of money by taking advantage of free checking accounts at credit unions as well as better loan rates. Credit unions are insured up to $250,000 per individual just like banks, so your money is just as safe at a credit union as at a bank.
- Butte Federal Credit Union
- Golden One Credit Union Free checking account: no minimum balance, no monthly fees, and first box of checks is free.
- Sierra Central Credit Union
- STAR Community Credit Union Free checking account: no monthly fee, no minimum monthly balance, and first order of checks is free.