See also Student fees
There are several ways to make sure that you Get the Most Out of Student Fees at Chico State. Here are a few...
- Go to class.
- Vote in student government elections.
- Join or start a student organization.
- Attend meetings of the University Committees that spend the money and ask questions.
- Apply to serve as a member on a University Committee. Any committee will do really, however you will get the very most out of your fees by serving on the Campus Based Fee Advisory Committee if you can!
- Serve on an AS committee. Again, any committee will empower you over your fees in some way, but especially the Activity Fee Council, the Revenue Allocation Committee, the BMU Committee, or the IRA Fee Committee.
- Run for a student government office.
- Take advantage of the Revenue Sharing program by making sure that the student organizations most important to you are on the AS ballot, AND by voting to allocate your dollars go to those organizations.
- Apply to get grant $$ from the Activity Fee Council, the Revenue Allocation Committee, the BMU Committee, or the IRA Fee Committee by writing a proposal.
- Support your student government when they protest fee increases.
- Go to the Student Health Center for a check-up.
- Get a sports locker in the Acker Gymnasium by requesting one at the Sports Equipment Room at the back of the Shurmer Gymnasium.
- Get a locker for your books on the second floor of the Meriam Library by leasing one (for dirt cheap BTW) at the Circulation Desk.
- Be aware of any free events being held on campus, especially AS Presents, and Chico Performances.
- Keep an eye on where the AS Catering Truck is headed — it could be a free food event!
- Get a schedule and watch free movies presented by the University Film Series and other films in the Little Theater in Ayres Hall 106.
- Know the Chico State Information Center phone number 898-INFO.
- Don't lose your Wildcat Card. It's a $2 fee at the Wildcat Card Office.
- Do use your Wildcat Card to take the B-Line for free.
- If you live in the residence halls, plan a weekend outing with your floor. The AS Dining Services will prepare enough food for everyone who signs up, for however long the event is, with notice.
- Use JSTOR and the other online academic resources through the Meriam Library website which are otherwise only available through expensive subscriptions. Databases and Indexes
|This entry is a seed, a starting point for writing a full entry. You can help LocalWiki Chico by expanding it! Just click the "Edit" button.|