Summer / Warm Weather
- Have a picnic at Lower Bidwell Park near Caper Acres.
- Hike one of Upper Bidwell Park's many trails — such as the first half of the Yahi Trail.
- Take a swim at one of Chico's many swimming holes.
- Buy ice cream at Shubert's and enjoy it at the City Plaza.
- Play Disc Golf at Upper Bidwell Park.
- Play Miniature Golf at CalSkate.
- Stop at a cafe and enjoy icy delights.
- Stroll through the Thursday Night Farmer's Market or the Saturday Farmer's Market — enjoy the street food!
- Go to a Chico Outlaws game and "root root root for the home team."
- Go to a free Friday Night Concert
- Walk around the Genetic Resource & Conservation Center (aka the Dog Park).
- Night under the stars at the Chico observatory! Open Fri-Sunday's on clear nights.
Winter / Cold Weather
- Have hot coffee or chocolate at any number of cafes.
- Check out the Holiday Tree Lighting or Christmas Preview in downtown.
- See a show at the Chico Cabaret, The Blue Room Theatre, Chico Theater Company etc.
- Enjoy a film at The Pageant Theatre.
- Ramble around town and take pictures for this wiki!
- Experience the culinary delights of one of Chico's many fantastic restaurants.
- Take a tour of local museums and/or art galleries (bonus points for looking smart!).
- Go bowling at Orchard Lanes.
- Go dancing at a nightclub or at a dance studio.
- Shoot guns at a shooting range
- Here's a bold classic: get a tattoo together. Just avoid each other's names.