Mural depicting five out of six language houses The Language Houses are the row of houses in the South Campus Neighborhood on the 500 block of West Third Street between Chestnut and Hazel. They were once owned by the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures at Chico State. They were allowed by the university administration to rot for years with the plan that they would be turned into a parking lot. In the 1990s the state legislature intervened in order to save them. They were sold to Wayne Cook who refurbished them and are now rented to students. They are depicted in a mural visible from Seventh Street and Main.

H.W. Crew House 504 West Third Street is the H.W. Crew House, later called the Spanish House and currently is the Alpha Phi House. It was built in 1903 and listed in the National Register of Historic Places as a contributor to the South Campus Historic District in 1991.

Rouke-Halle House 512 West Third Street is the Rouke-Halle House, later called the German House. It was built in 1903 and listed in the National Register of Historic Places as a contributor to the South Campus Historic District in 1991.

C.C. Richardson House 520 West Third Street is the C.C. Richardson House, later called the Italian House. It was built in 1907 and listed in the National Register of Historic Places as a contributor to the South Campus Historic District in 1991. Its original resident was Clarence Colin Richardson, who served as mayor.

J.V. Richardson House 528 West Third Street is the J.V. Richardson House. It was built in 1907 and listed in the National Register of Historic Places as a contributor to a the South Campus Historic District in 1991.

Charles Ball House 536 West Third Street Charles Ball House, later called the International House It was built in 1869 and listed in the National Register of Historic Places as a contributor to a the South Campus Historic District in 1991. Its original resident was Charles Ball, who served as mayor.

French House 544 West Third Street is the French House, later the Sigma Alpha House. It was built in 1914 and listed in the National Register of Historic Places as a contributor to a the South Campus Historic District in 1991.

This entry is a seed, a starting point for writing a full entry. You can help LocalWiki Chico by expanding it! Just click the "Edit" button.