For those who want to stay in the know about local current issues, Chico has an abundance of local media outlets of various forms. Regardless of how you like to gather your information, here are some resources to utilize. If you'd rather monitor some of the happenings around town yourself, see Scanner Frequencies.
Newspapers and Magazines
- Chico Enterprise-Record
- Chico News & Review
- Empirical Magazine
- The Synthesis
- The Orion
- InsideOut Magazine
- Upstate Business Journal
- Videomaker Magazine
- Growing Up Chico Magazine
- Butte College Roadrunner
- Edible Shasta-Butte
This is a list of the most popular and cited blogs. Most blogs should go on Blogs.
- KCHO (NPR, North State Radio) - 91.7
- KQIP-LP (Christian) - 107.1
- KQPT - 107.5 and 107.9 The Point
- KZAP (More familiar as KPIG) - 96.7
- KZFR Community Radio - 90.1
Internet Only Radio
- KCSC Radio - Various formats by Chico State students.
- Radio Paradise - Everything.
- VIP Radio - Hip Hop Top 40
- The Index - Chico's first newspaper, a short lived abolitionist paper
- Butte Record - daily paper printed by George Crosette, W.N. Bowers, editor ca. 1881, ff.
- Chico Daily Record - W.N. Bowers, editor
- Daily Morning Advertiser - daily paper printed by Ed Hoole, C.L. King, proprietor ca. 1881, ff.
- Chico Enterprise - a semi-weekly paper printed by Ed Hoole ca. 1881, ff.
- Normal Record - university publication ca. 1920s
- Chico Caucasian - 19th century anti-Chinese newspaper
- Sandy Gulch News - early 20th century
- Off the Record - weekly ca. late 1980s
- The Balls Edge - a DNA publication (late 1980s)
- Hump - another DNA publication (1990s)
- The Examiner - 20th-21st century progressive newspaper published by Tim Bousquet
- Chico Beat - a 21st century progressive newspaper published by Tom Gascogne