All tickets for The COMET are available at the main downtown Transit Center at the corner of Sumter and Laurel Streets. Cash, checks and major credit/debit cards are accepted there.
There are several fare options available for The COMET fixed route bus service:
- Standard, one-way: $1.50
- Special needs: $0.75 (with valid photo ID and special needs card)
- Senior citizens: $0.75 (for those 65 and over with valid photo ID)
- Agency discount: $1.25 (please call 803-255-7133 for details)
- 10-ride pass: $12
- 1-day pass: $3.50 (valid until service ends on the day it’s purchased)
- 31-day pass: $40
- Transfer: $0.25
- Children 5 and under: Free when accompanied by a paying adult
Single, 1-day, 10-ride and 31-day passes are available at the following Piggly Wiggly grocery stores from the Customer Service counter. Piggly Wiggly accepts, cash, credit/debit and Greenbax.