The main page of the city is http://www.cityofconway.org/
The main decision making body is the city council, composed of the mayor, and two aldermen from each ward. Roughly, the wards split east/west at Donaghey, and north/south at College.
Ward 3 (northwest) | Ward 2 (northeast) Ward 1 (southwest) | Ward 4 (southeast)
The city council generally meets Tuesday nights. In theory the meetings can be watched on ConwayCorp, but generally the sound is not good enough. Special meetings often take place before the main meeting.
All requests for placement on the Conway City Council Agenda (along with all written backup material) must be in the Mayor's Office no later than 12:00pm (noon) seven (7) days prior to the meeting.
There are several city boards which are officially recognized by the city and report back to the city council
- Advertising & Promotions Commission
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Board - promotes biking and walking in the city
- Board of Zoning Adjustment
- Building Code Board of Appeals
- Civil Service Commission - governs the uniform employees (police and fire) of the City of Conway with regards to hiring, discipline and termination.
- Conway Citizen Taskforce - charged to review the City of Conway's governmental operations and make recommendations back to the City Council as to how to make city government more efficient. (this may have been set up as a response to the city's financial problems a couple years back)
- Conway Corp Board of Directors
Conway Historic District Commission
1. Asa P. Robinson Historic District
2. Old Conway Design Overlay District
- Health Facilities Board
- Housing Authority Board
- Oak Grove Cemetery Board
- Parks Advisory Committee
- Planning Commission
- Public Art Project Committee
- Public Facilities Board
- Tree Board USA - set up to protect the trees of Conway (yes, really!)
Conway is primarily in the 35th district.