|600 SW Jefferson Ave|
|1862 (As The Gazette)|
The Corvallis Gazette-Times is a daily newspaper in Corvallis, Oregon, United States. The newspaper, along with its sister publication, the Albany Democrat-Herald of neighboring Albany, Oregon, is owned by Lee Enterprises of Davenport, Iowa. The Corvallis newspaper has a daily circulation of 11,524, and a Sunday circulation of 12,021.
The paper was created in 1909 as the result of the merger of two competing weekly newspapers, The Corvallis Gazette, and The Corvallis Times.
The Times was operated by N.R. Moore, who had leased the paper from B.F. Irvine, who had left Corvallis to write editorials for the Oregon Journal in Portland, Oregon. The Gazette was under the direction of Charles L. Springer, formerly of Montesano, Washington and owned by M.S. Woodcock, a prominent Benton County lawyer and businessman who later opened a successful bank in the county, and later served as Corvallis Mayor. According to historical accounts, they decided on the name Gazette-Times after a coin toss.