Jump to Timeline Navigation
- 23: Gearhead Records and Stuff opens.
- 1: ATM Applause Flashmob occurs.
- 20: Stage 2 of the 2007 Amgen Tour of California comes through town.
- 22: The Best Uses of Schools Advisory Task Force votes 6 to 1 in favor of closing Valley Oak Elementary School
- 26: Stone's Cafe & Catering opens for business.
- Both Cafe Romas announce they are closing. On February 28th, Cafe Roma by campus closed its doors. The last day was a Customer Appreciation Day, where they gave away free coffee and everything else.
- Java California bought out by new management.
- 3: The World's Largest Bicycle Parade record attempt takes place.
- 10: Wells Fargo is robbed.
- 20: The Board of Education votes 3-2 in favor of a complex resolution that calls for both the closure of Valley Oak Elementary School in the fall of 2008 (unless voters approve a special parcel tax on the November 2007 ballot) and the full opening of the Fred T. Korematsu Elementary School as a K-6 school in the fall of 2008.
- 1: The local Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reorganizes along demographic, instead of geographic, lines.
- 1: 2007's April Fool's Day on the Wiki occurs.
- 9: PhilipNeustrom reaches 10,000 edits on the DavisWiki.
- 9: Davis Electric Cars opens, becoming the first all electric car dealer in Davis.
- 14: Picnic Day
- 14: Green Car Gala
- 28 & 29: Western Collegiate Cycling Conference won by Cal Aggie Cycling Team.
- Bike Commute Month
- 1: UCD May 1, 2007: Day of Action. Over 20 people arrested in act of civil disobedience with blocking of an intersection.
- 9: John Barovetto Park opens to the public.
- 14-18: Give3
- 17: The Davis Wiki was awarded an Thong H. Huynh Award for Excellence in Community Involvement by the Davis Human Relations Commission! Go Davis Wiki!
- 17: Celebrate Davis
- 18: The Bathtub Experiment
- 22: Sex Fest 2007
- 23: Students Organizing For Change held a rally in which Mrak Hall was locked down and 15 people arrested.
- 26: Teriyaki Express closed.
- 27 and 28: Convivium
- Indyna Bistro opens July, 2007. An Indian restaurant that replaced New Delhi Chaat Cafe.
- 6: Sushi Unlimited July 6th, 2007. A sushi restaurant that replaced Mirai.
- 11: Nina's Studio (beauty salon) opens.
- The Davis Bike Loop is formally marked on the pavement
- 6: First Annual Davis Jazz Artists Festival
- 6: November 2007 Election is held, passing two measures and electing two new school board members.
- 28: The Mythbusters television cast and crew are spotted at the Yolo County Airport filming an episode.