Parenting is required.
Adoption Support Group. Call Karla Mahoney at (530) 792-1871 or email: [email protected]
A place where adoptive parents who have adopted domestically or internationally support each other in regards to the unique issues, challenges, and rewards of adoption. Children can play and form friendships with one another. We meet every Saturday of each month at 10:30 am. Meeting place varies.
Can we actually get some information about this group, or other adoption resources? —BrentLaabs
Would you like to adopt a pet?
Do not buy/adopt a pet if:
- You plan to dump him/her when you have kids
- You don't intend to take care of him/her when your kids lose interest
- You don't intend to bring him/her with you if/when you move
- You only want a puppy/kitten and not a dog/cat
- You can't meet basic obligations like spay / neuter
- You won't educate yourself as to what you should do to impart good habits
- You'd rather put him/her down than pay large vet bills or refuse to take them to the vet within a reasonable amount of time after an issue presents itself.
- You just want to breed her to sell cute little babies
- You are going to keep him/her outside
- You can't tolerate damage to your belongings
- You plan to dump him/her as soon as you get busy
- You don't want to make your S.O. take allergy meds. (Claritin, Allegra, and Zyrtec are also used to treat pet allergies allowing people allergic to pet dander to own pets.)
- You're hardly ever home and the animal will be alone most of the time.
- You haven't researched the breed to find out what its needs are and to make sure you're committed to fulfilling them.
- You're buying it for someone else as a "surprise" without knowing that they really want to take care of a pet at this point in their lives.
- You plan to feed them low-quality, cheap food. (You spend more money on vet bills in the long run when you feed cheap food. Also, cats cannot be vegetarians.)
|This entry is a seed, a starting point for writing a full entry. You can help the Davis Wiki by expanding it! Just click the "Edit" button.|