The American Red Cross Club at UC Davis is a student organization. The organization is also associated with the Sierra Delta Chapter located in Sacramento, CA . We are a health care based community service group that provides various volunteer activities, specializing in disaster preparedness, CPR First Aid training, and other various health care service projects!
Our mission statement is,
"The American Red Cross, a humanitarian organization led by volunteers, will provide relief to victim if disaster and help people prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies."
The club is open to everyone (citizens of Davis, UC Davis undergraduates, staffs, facilities, and even alumni) who is interested in being a part of our mission statement.
Fall 2018 General Meetings
Meeting times and locations for Fall quarter general meetings are as follows:
|General Meeting #1||Olson 217||10/3||7:10pm|
|General Meeting #2||Olson 217||10/17||7:10pm|
|General Meeting #3||Olson 207||11/1||7:10pm|
|General Meeting #4||Olson 217||11/14||7:10pm|
|General Meeting #5||Olson 217||11/28||7:10pm|
To become an active member, you may:
1. Download and fill out an application form that can be found on our website under the 'Forms' page. Turn the application in to an officer or at any general meeting.
2. Fill in our Google form.
Requirements for an active member include:
- Registering online as a Red Cross Volunteer
- Completing a one time Volunteer Orientation
- Attend a minimum of 3 of 5 general meetings
- Attend at least 1 social per quarter
- Volunteer a minimum of 6 hours a quarter
Our community service projects include, but are not limited to:
- Davis Community Meal: assist the Davis Community Meal staffs in making and serving food to low-income and homeless individuals.
- Blood Drive: be a volunteer at the quarterly blood drive on campus; provide assistance to blood donors and Blood Source staffs to help run a successful drive.
- Relay for Life: a day-long walk dedicated to raise cancer awareness.
- Community Disaster Education: educate the Yolo County community in preventing and preparing for disasters.
The ARCC has three committees that members are encouraged to be a part of.
- Preparedness Education Committee • Promote disaster readiness and education to community and campus • This committee will also give CPR/First AID/AED classes for a very low price!
- Health and Safety Committee • Educate and spread awareness of various health issues in the local community and teach precautions steps to take when facing certain health issues.
- International Awareness Committee • Educate and raise awareness and aid for international disasters. • Give presentations to the club, send aid and donations.
- President - Angela Aguirre
- Vice President - Ingrid Au
- Secretary - Jessica Macaluso
- Activities Coordinator - Yessenia Magallanes
- Logistics Coordinator - Jeffery Baptista
- Treasurer - Fenglan Jiang
- Historian - Tiffany Yuen
- Publicity - Quang Pham
- International Awareness Committee Chair - David Wei
- Health and Safety Committee Chair - Payal Sidhu
- Preparedness Committee Chair - Laura Jett