How to Access Ethernet

You must have your computer's MAC address registered with UC Davis in order to use campus wired ethernet ports. To do this, you must be a UCD student or somehow have a UCD login/password. If you are going to live in the dorms, you can follow the instructions here If you lived in the dorms, you likely did this. If not, it's painless — just go to and click on "Ethernet registration."

Where to Find Ethernet Ports at UC Davis