Campus Parking is orchestrated by TAPS. There are several parking permit types:
|Faculty and Staff|
|Faculty, Staff, and Students. More restricted than A.|
|Chancellor, Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor, Deans, Vice Chancellors, Vice Provosts and Associate Vice Chancellors. Park anywhere you damn well please.|
|Two person carpool A permit.|
|Two person carpool C permit.|
|Three or more person carpool A permit.|
|Three or more person carpool C permit.|
|Monkey Farm permit.|
|You will never, ever get this permit.|
|Disabled - Park anywhere|
|O, S, RP, LG, DC, GH, COL, PG*|
|Specialty housing permits|
|Cuarto permit. Very hard to get.|
|Remote lot. Permits are specific to Lot 2 (Mondavi Center), 30 (Rec Pool), xor 35 (across from the ARC).2|
|Motorcycle. Vroom Vroom!|
|Night permit. Park anywhere after 5.|
|Retiree. Valid in A spaces.|
|Free. It would be good to steal one of these.|
|You can park some places for a large fee.|
Official TAPS site: Parking Rates
- Primero Grove parking permits are only 3 dollars if you are a resident.
- An M permit can be used with your car during night parking.
- All quarterly permits went up three dollars a day at the beginning of FY 2005-06.
- UCD Parking permits are valid at other campuses as well. Although I haven't tried it on a weekday, evening and weekend parking on other UC campuses is free with the UCD permit. I learned this years ago, and haven't tried it recently, but it should be valid. —RC
1. I've heard CH permits actually cost three times what an A permit costs.
2. L permits are also valid at night, so buying an L permit is almost always better. It is generally the best "value", if you could call it that.