|Staff Contact Email|
|Kevin Hua: [email protected]|
|Mike Aalseth: [email protected]|
|Tim Jang: [email protected]|
|That everyone on campus would know someone who truly follows Christ|
From Epic's Website: http://www.epicmovement.com/who-we-are/ and https://www.daviscru.com/get-connected/epic
The Epic Movement is a Cru ministry focused on bringing the gospel of Jesus Christ to the world through Asian American students and faculty. Our mission is to be a culturally relevant community that presents the gospel in a way that incorporates our common interests and shares the love of Jesus Christ through our words and actions.
Mission: Bring the gospel of Jesus Christ to the world through Asian American students and faculty.
Vision: We envision Asian American students and faculty whose lives are being transformed by the gospel and who are…
- Growing in their understanding of and relationship with Jesus Christ
- Embracing the value of their culture through Christ’s redemptive love
- Taking their place in God’s redemptive plan by building missional movements that impact their families, peers, community, and world with the power of the gospel
What We're About: An epic is a narrative poem recounting the struggles and triumph of a legendary hero.
"From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. 'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.'"
— Acts 17:26-28
Life is a story with God as the author.
God is writing His epic story on earth. It is an epic saga of struggle, redemption and love unraveling as we live and our hero is Jesus Christ. Our role, as Christians, is to understand the role that God has given us in His grand story, find our place in it, and share it with those who may have not heard of it. In faith, we are given the role to live freely in His grace, loving ourselves and others as Christ loves us, and boldly leading in our relationships in faith.
The Epic Movement at UC Davis is a movement driven by this vision of a generation of Asian Americans understanding the story, and sharing this story in love.
We are a community of believers pursuing God’s Great Commission of making disciples of every nation by becoming a generation of Asian American students empowered by the Gospel, reaching those around us in love and showing them their true identity in Christ.
Epic is an action group (small group) that is a part of and under the larger Cru movement at UC Davis.
- Epic is affiliated with Campus Crusade for Christ (Cru)
2009-09-23 16:06:22 I clicked on this because I thought it was related to World of Warcraft, and I was hoping for some phat lootz. I am now confused as to what this is. Is this a bible study group or something? —MasonMurray
- It's kind of like a large, musical church gathering on Thursdays...with more music and less preaching? I only know because I've seen/heard meetings when they were right next to APIQ in Giedt...which was actually quite funny considering the two are confused sometimes because of their similar pronunciations. :) — AshleyMatson