Facilities Management reports to John Meyer. The current director is Mo Hollman.
Facilities Management (FM) is responsible for maintaining, operating, and renovating the capital facilities and associated physical environment on the UC Davis campus in response to the campus Academic Plan and academic program needs. Facilities-Operations and Maintenance maintains more than 12 million gross square feet of campus space (in more than 1,600 buildings) with 8 million or 60 percent maintained with state and/or student fee funds.
Former names include Operations & Maintenance, Physical Plant, and Facilities: Operations & Maintenance. In 2008 all of their vehicles began displaying identifying logos.
There are many Service Units within O&M:
- Business Office
- Contract Services — who manage Construction Contracts for non Architects & Engineers projects
- Customer Service — the Service Request Center at 752-1655
- Information Systems Management
Building Maintenance Services
- Custodial Services — who clean the building and bathrooms. They also handle Furniture (tables, chairs, chalkboards, lecterns, etc), Graffiti Removal, Pest Control, and Window Washing.
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Controls
- Sheet Metal
Building Technical Services
- Construction, Material-handling & Agricultural Equipment, Certified Heavy Equipment Operators, Welding & Metal Fabrication Services, Irrigation Utilities (wells, reservoirs, pipelines)
- Landscape Design & Maintenance
- R4 Recycling
- Sign Shop — who put up many of the Signs on campus.
Renovation & Construction
- Energy Conservation
- Awesome interactive page showing most campus building's energy usage: http://facilities.ucdavis.edu/Dashboard/
- Power & Lights
- Steam & Chilled Water — Central Heating & Cooling Plant
- Solid Waste — garbage collection and the operation of the campus landfill
- Water & Sewer — Waste Water Treatment Plant
- Engineering Services
- Geographic Information Systems & Mapping (GIS)