See also Alcohol
Davis Happy Hour Drinks
Happy Hour is a period of time (not always one hour), usually in the late afternoon, on select days when restaurants/bars offer discounted (alcoholic) drinks. They differ from drink specials in that they are usually more broad; discounting most or all drinks instead of only certain ones. Additionally there usually is no cover charge to get in. Special drink nights often have a theme, for example: Sophia's 'Service Industry Night.' or Sudwerk's 'Dollar Bottle Night.'
- 3rd & U Cafe - Always: 2 pints for $5.25, Thurs-Fri: 3 pints for $6 after 8 pm. Happy Hour 330 - 6 pm
- Beach Hut Deli - Sunday and Thursday, after 4pm- $1 Domestic Pints (Coors Light and Miller Lite)
- The Davis Beer Shoppe Sunday-Thursday from open til 4pm - $1.00 off all draft beers.
- Delta of Venus - All bottled beers, Guinness pints, mimosas and wines are 50 cents cheaper, Wolaver's Organic Ale pints are $1 cheaper; Pitchers are also about $3 cheaper. (Mon - Fri, 3pm - 6pm)
- Dos Coyotes- More than 30 varieties of beer priced between $2.00 and $2.50, at both the North and South Davis locations. All day, every day.
- Froggy's - Mon-Fri 4-7:30pm - $2.50 wells & $2.00 off all pitchers (except Guinness).
- The G Street Wunderbar - Mon-Fri 4-7pm - $3 wells, $1 off draft beers, $2 off pitchers, $4 Jäger Bombs
- Mikuni - Mon-Fri 430-6p $3.50 draft beer, $5 glasses of wine, $7 sake
- Original Steve's: Monday-Friday $1 PBR, $2 Domestic
- Paesanos: M-F 3-6 p.m. $3 beers and specialty mixed drinks, as well as numerous discounted appetizers
- Red 88 Noodle Bar - M-F 5-6 PM. & 8-11 PM; Sa-Sun 3-6PM & 8-11 PM: $1 off draft beers, well drinks, specialties cocktail. Wednesday: $2 Budlight, $5 FML all day.
- Seasons - Tues.-Sat., 5-7 pm in the bar; $3,4,5 drink specials; draft beers, wine, and cocktails.
- Sophia's - Mon-Fri 4pm-6pm - $5 specialty drinks (anything off their drink menu, including Mojitos) and $2 off draft beers and well drinks.
- Sudwerk - Mon-Fri 2:30pm-5:30pm. Liters of house brewed beers at 50 cents off, and pints are $1 off.
- Sushi Unlimited - Monday through Thursday, 5pm-7pm. Sake (Large/Small) and beer is discounted.
- Tres Hermanas - 3-6 pm daily, $2 Bud and Bud Light, $4 well drinks
- Uncle Vito's - Daily 4-6pm and 10pm-midnight. $5 for a slice and a pint of any draft beer; also different daily drink specials during happy hour typically $4.
- University of Beer Study hour - Mon-Fri 12-5 pm $1 off draft beers
- Woodstock's Pizza - Mon-Sun 3-6pm and 10pm-Last Call: $1 off beer.
- Thai Canteen Monday - Friday 3-6pm Drink specials: $1 off all beers, wine, and bottled sake and $1.00 Thai iced tea.
- Village Pizza & Grill - Mon-Thurs, 3pm-6pm, $3.00 any pint beer, $4.00 glass wine
Drink Specials by Day of the Week
Drink special calendar:
- Sophia's - Service Industry Night (9pm-close): People working in the service industry get $2 well drinks, $2 draft beer, $3 call brands, $5 drink specials, 1/2 price wine by the glass. (Bring a recent pay stub to verify employment at a local restaurant/bar/hotel/cafe.)
- Thai Canteen 1/2 price off bottles of wine ALL DAY!!
- Woodstock's Pizza - Buy the first beer incl. glass for $5 (any brand), refills $1.75-$3.25 (depending upon brand)
- Thai Canteen "SINGHA DAY" Thai Beer $2.50 ALL DAY!!
- Red 88 Noodle Bar - Crazy deal Wednesday $2 Budlight, and $5 FML all day!
- Sophia's - Happy hour prices 'til 9, $5 Thaibreakers after 9.
- Sudwerk - $2 Pints ($1 cover) 9pm, last call at about 1:15AM, doors close at 1:30AM (needs verification)
Possibly outdated tip: Come before 9 to avoid covers. This is done by buying a meal (entree only?) before 'Pint Night' begins. At 9pm, security guys go around selling wristbands for $3. You can't buy the $1 pints without one, but you can drink one. Hard ciders are $3.
- Thai Canteen 1/2 price off bottles of sake ALL DAY!!
Note: these specials are usually only at night.
Davis Happy Hour Food
- Mikuni - M-F 4-6pm. Special Happy hour menu with $3-$9 appetizers and select rolls for $5. $7 Specialty Cocktails.
- Red 88 Noodle Bar - M-F 5-6PM & 8-11 PM; Sa-Sun 3-6PM & 8-11 PM; $1 off appetizers
- Sudwerk - Appetizer menu available at $1.00 off during happy hour (the time between lunch and dinner)
- Sushi Unlimited - Monday through Thursday, 5pm-7pm. Various discounts on appetizers. Edamame on the house.
- Seasons - Specially priced appetizers. Seasons is also offering $1 oysters, during Happy Hour, that are served in either a dozen or half of a dozen.
Sophia's - Mon-Fri, 4pm-6pm. 1/2 off select appetizers, $5 calamari appetizer.
- Sushi Unlimited Monday through Thursday, 5-7 pm. Selected rolls and sushi are cheaper.
- Tres - Mon-Fri, 3pm-6pm. At the bar, $1 street tacos.
- Uncle Vito's - daily 4-6pm and 10pm- midnight. One topping slice and any draft beer for $5.
- Woodstock's Pizza - Mon-Sun 3-6pm, $1 off appetizers
- Thai Canteen Monday - Friday 3-6pm. $1.00 Thai iced tea. Snack specials: $0.99 each stick of chicken satay, $4.00 spring rolls, $4.00 fried chicken wings, $5.00 salt & pepper calamari!!
3rd and U Cafe Thurs-Fri, 3:30-6:30. Cheap fries, sliders and hot wings.