Open Mics happening in Davis and surrounding areas....
G Street Pub (starts around 9:30, xHosted by Adam Donald of American Karma ....Please fill in more info)
- I don't think they do this anymore. Not regularly, at least.
- Performer's Circle - Every fourth Monday of the month at Village Homes Community Center. Primarily folk music-oriented.
- CoHo Live - in the CoHo from 5:30 to 7:00 (You need to book a quarter in advance, so not exactly an open mic)
- SickSpits - First Wednesdays Open Mic happens in the Art Annex/ TCS Building on the UC Davis campus. 6:45 signup, 7:15 start.
- Sophia's Thai Kitchen - Every Wednesday night May-October, 7:30 sign up, 8:30 start.
- Luna's Cafe in Sacramento has a poetry open mic on this evening. It starts at 8pm. The list fills up fast so show up early.
- Poetry night and open mic events also take place on the third Thursday of the month at the John Natsoulas Gallery. For more information, see http://www.poetryindavis.com. The mic is open after the Featured Poet concludes.
- RootStock Wine Tasting Room http://www.rootstockgifts.com on 22 Main Street in Winters has an acoustic music open mic on the third Thursday of each month. Starts at 7pm. Mics and PA provided.
- No listings
Nothing? Everyone must be partying.
- Blue Mango
- Espresso Roma - Sadly closed.
- Delta of Venus - Monday nights, hosted by Patrick Proctor every week. Call any time after 8am to get on the list. (The earlier you call the better because it gets filled up fast.) Music starts at 7:45 and goes to 10pm, you are allowed 12-15 minutes to play. Sorry poets, this open mic has a musical emphasis. Mostly folk singer song writer guitarists play but there have been bongos, a didjeridu, an ukulele, a banjo, a tiny piano, a violin, a kazoo, and an accordion as well.
- Fridays at Four at Cafe Roma
- Duke's Sports Bar & Grill - Starting at 10pm, the event is MCed by Nate Mezmer. Hip hop free styling is emphasized but vocals, acoustic, and comedy is also welcome. The bar also has several drink specials. Duke's has gone out of business.
The last Monday of the month is a tribute open mic. The first tribute was held in February with Neil Diamond as the chosen artist. March's artist is David Bowie. Also, people are not allowed to play two weeks in a row at this open mic.