The Queer Leadership Retreat (QLR) is a student retreat organized by the UC Davis Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Queer Intersex Asexual Resource Center. The first annual QLR was planned for January of 2010 and was rescheduled for April of 2010 due to inclement weather at the retreat site. The sixth annual retreat occurred during November 7th-9th, 2014 in the Sierra Foothills.
Some of the objectives of the Queer Leadership Retreat include:
- Empowering LGBTQIA students as both individuals and community leaders
- Providing a safe space to build community and share experiences
- Educating ourselves and raising awareness about issues w/in the community
- Developing strategies and enhancing skills for consciousness-raising within the various communities we belong to by exploring our intersecting identities
- Discussing our needs and setting community goals
The retreat will include a mixture of workshops, recreational and team-building activities, and will provide academic resources and peer support. The retreat will be a unique opportunity for students to network, learn, and share their knowledge and experiences. We hope that you will apply to attend the retreat either as a facilitator/home group leader or participant.
For more information about the retreat, visit http://lgbtqia.ucdavis.edu/events/queer-leadership-retreat or email Monique Merritt at [email protected]