Regan Hall is part of the Segundo residence hall area, and consists of seven dormitories and the area's commons building. The hall was named after Susan F. and William M. Regan, the latter a UC Davis faculty member and expert in dairy cattle. Regan Hall was built in 1965.
- Rienda Hall — 2010-2011 residents made it famous for the Legendary "Ballcuzzi."
- Sereno Hall
- Indio Hall
- Paloma Hall
- Talara Hall
- Nova Hall
- Campo Hall
The Commons Building
- Regan Main — Houses the Regan SRA office and apt, mailboxes, bathrooms, study lounge, and a large social lounge.
Regan Area Renovations
In June 2006, Student Housing began an estimated $9 million renovation of the Regan area. Work began with contractor Perryman Mechanical of West Sacramento surveying and digging up utility lines. While living in a construction site was sometimes inconvenient for 2005-06 residents, workers were courteous and noisy work (such as jackhammering) was put on hold during finals week. Because the residence halls will be needed in the fall, renovations will only take place during the summer months. Currently, Student Housing anticipates it will take 2 or 3 summers to complete renovations as follows (though time and budget may necessitate otherwise):
- Summer 2006
- Replacement of hot and cold water supply lines to buildings.
- Replacement of room heating and cooling units.
- Laying of fire sprinkler supply lines to buildings.
- Summer 2007 & 2008 (half of the buildings each year)
- Installation of fire sprinklers in buildings.
- Complete renovation of bathrooms.
- Cosmetic upgrades to rooms (such as tackable wall surfaces).
(note: this information was provided by the Regan area maintenance worker)
- Summer 2010
The Regan dorms were covered in plastic, and underwent asbestos abatement. Additionally, all buildings in Regan were repainted and had a Hydration Station installed on the first floor of each building. Each dorm room also got permanent carpeting and new windows.
There are also some http://www.housing.ucdavis.edu/buildings/reganhall.asp from Student Housing.