|This entry refers to a departed business that has closed or left town. All information here is for historical reference only.|
|Founder & Editor|
|Kemble K. Pope|
|January 26th, 2008|
Thank you to everyone in the Davis community who has supported this experiment in modern communications. Since January 2008, we have had varied success with publishing timely and newsworthy accounts about all-things-Davis. And now, July 2012, the original owners and editors have decided that it is time to conclude the experiment.
Although they mention plans to continue in some capacity, there was little activity by 2010, and are no 2013 or later postings of note on Facebook or the main site.
Their goal was to be "a venue that honors civility and fairness, and promotes thoughtful dialogue and commentary about the joys of being a Davisite". The blog covers City Council and School board meetings, local organizations and events, and provides coverage of local political issues. Every Monday, the website has a regular feature called This Week in YOUR Government (sub-categorized as Show Up or Stop Whining) that lists all of the city, DJUSD, county and some state public meetings. Every Friday, readers can find the blog's picks for weekend entertainment in the regular feature called This Weekend in The People's Republic.
Writers as of 2009-10 include Kaylin Adamski, Mark Braly, David Chan, Lydia Delis-Schlosser, David Fisher, Steve Greenfield, Stefen Janke, Benjamin Lewis, Susan Lovenburg, Amanda Kimball, Pieter Pastoor, Sheryl Patterson, Kemble Pope, Stephen Souza, Julie Van Dam, Mark Braly, Alvin Remmers, Alzada Knickerbocker, Becky Winters, Kevin Wolf, Lucy Potter, Nikki Greenman, Richard Harris & Stacie Hartung-Frerichs
Current Affairs Davis Diversions - Events, Music, Things to do Everything Else Human Development - DJUSD, Parenting, Spirituality & Religion, UC Davis Modern Science People's Government - Board of Supervisors, City Council, Elections Physical Endeavors - Sports, Outdoor Activities Sustainable Living - Growth, Mobility, Environmental Awareness Tasteful Life - Culture, Arts, Cuisine
Code of Conduct
- The Davis Voice encourages and supports a free press in all its forms: print, radio, television and cyber-based. The more the merrier.
- The Davis Voice encourages contributions and comments from diverse perspectives on any topic of interest to the Davis community.
- Contributions will be the poster’s original work, though they may be published in other venues.
- Sharing information is encouraged. Please provide links and/or cite sources.
- Sharing opinion is encouraged. Please label it as such.
- Participants may use just one identity. Anonymous postings are not permitted, but a pseudonym may be used.
- The Davis Voice encourages robust debate of ideas but will not condone personal attacks on individuals.