Coffee is an extremely addictive substance that, despite its prevalent abuse by university students and other Dentonites, has eluded local law officials' attempts to prevent its use.
Tea is praised by the green, hippie, Asian, and weeaboo constituencies as a more humane alternative to the ravaging destructions of a coffee addiction, as it contains lower levels of the CNS stimulant 1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6(3H,7H)-dione. In reality it isn't much better.
Coffee is said to be the only thing linking computer scientists and hipsters (besides printed t-shirts). It is used by many students to help stay awake late at night.
Coffee and Tea Shops
Denton, like many college towns, has several coffee and tea pushers, and everyone has his or her favorite spots.
- Big Mike's Coffee, located in the Fry Street Area and open 24 hours a day, is one of Denton's most popular coffee shops.
- Cups and Crepes is a cafe on Fry Street that offers coffee and breakfast items. It is generally only open from 8 am to 3 pm. It closes Sundays and Mondays.
- Art Six is a cute coffee shop located further north (one block west of Fry Street).
- Cafe Du Luxe
- IHOP is not a coffee shop so much, but they do serve coffee and it's second only to Big Mike's in attracting the late night crowd.
- Naranja Cafe is the place to go if you want bubble tea.
- Waffle House is where you go if you want authentic trucker coffee at 4 am.
- Zera Coffee Company