For more information see Bars (main page).
Bars are also some of Denton's most important music venues.
- Barnes and Noble in the Golden Triangle Mall
- Hastings on Colorado Blvd
- Recycled Books is a favorite local bookstore on the northeast corner of The Square
- Books and More on University Drive.
- Voertman's is a college supply store, and sells primarily textbooks, but also a wide variety of trade books
UNT students can rent movies from the UNT library for free, and of course everyone can rent movies at the city libraries.
There are many student organizations at UNT who host free movie showings, usually of documentaries.
The Campus Theatre is the mecca of theater buffs.
Sundown Collaborative Theatre is an independent company that usually performs at Green Space Arts Collective.
The biggest sporting events in Denton center around UNT's athletics program.