Some humans have gluten allergies or intolerance; others choose to avoid gluten for health reasons. For these folks, gluten free eating is a necessity, but it doesn't have to be a drag; it can be delicious. And it can be done locally!
See also "Restaurants"
- Mr. Chopsticks has gluten free soy sauce
- Crooked Crust Pizza has a delicious gluten-free pie. Yum!
- BJ's has another excellent GF pizza and a gluten-free menu. They've got ciders on tap and GF bottle beer.
- Le Peep Grill has a full Gluten Free menu full of breakfast options! banana walnut pancakes are great!
- Andaman Thai Restaurant has gluten free soy sauce, and the chef is very careful to understand your order.
- Hannah's Off the Square has a gluten free dinner menu, which is delicious, and the kitchen and wait staff are usually very aware of your needs.
- Queenie's has a delightful GF menu and excellent food & service. I love this place.
- I Love Sushi says on their website to just ask about gluten free items! Basically, no seaweed, imitation crab, soy sauce or tempura. Ask about the eel... So, bring your own GF Tamari and tuck in.
- Greenhouse has a gluten free menu.
- Chipotle is gluten free in everything but the flour tortillas! They will even change their gloves, to prevent cross contamination - just ask them.
- Pei Wei has a gluten free menu.
- Mellow Mushroom has a gluten free menu available for some of their pizzas. They are made separately to reduce chances of cross-contamination. As well as some gluten free beer for those extremely gluten sensitive and/or celiac.
- Palio's Pizza has gluten free dough available for all pizzas at no additional charge. Palio's is a much better deal than the Mellow Mushroom, but not as atmospheric.
- Subway offers gluten free bread for sub making, and they report that one can "eat fresh". (I don't think this is available anymore)
- Buffalo Wild Wings has most of their bone-in wings gluten free, excepting those with Asian themed sauces. Boneless are not. Note: They do not use separate fryers, for their breaded and non-breaded items, so HELLO cross-contamination.
- Banter has a Frito pie that is vegan and gluten free (including the Fritos!)
- Johnny Carino's has a big gluten free menu.
- Red Lobster does NOT have a big gluten free menu, but with scampi and steamed crab legs on offer, do you need much more? Also, their cheescake is crust-less and GF!
- Jason's Deli, as you might imagine, can feed you gluten free. They even have gluten free bread. See their menu.
- Most of Rudy's BBQ menu is gluten free. See their Menu Allergen Information.
- The Chestnut Tree, for dinner. You can get gluten free salad and chicken salad there for lunch, but you can do that anywhere. The real story for us is dinner. The weekend's menu is usually posted on their facebook page, and denotes their gluten free (GF) and vegetarian (V) offerings.
- Fuddruckers in Denton has a gluten free bun (made from the Local Oven)
- The Bowllery in Denton has some gluten free options. Stay away from the sauces though.
- Olive Garden has a gluten free menu. I don't recommend it though. They use a different sauce and it is very bland.
- Five Guys Burgers no cross-contamination with their meat or fries. So far they do not have a gluten free bun.
- Smiling Moose Deli has several gluten free options on their menu.
See also "Coffee and Tea"
See also "Groceries"
- Ravelin Bakery makes gluten free chocolate macaroons and spelt (if you can) bread, from scratch.
- The Cupboard is a natural foods store and sells a wide variety of gluten free stuffs - including an almost daily fresh baked gluten free cake or cookie selection. Don't miss the GF almond cake! Additionally, their cafe has gluten free food for you, including sandwiches and wraps.
- Natural Grocers NEW in Denton. Natural and organic, family farms, Food grown without added artificial chemical herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, fertilizers, and preservatives