See also a list of Family Friendly Hangouts.
Coffee and Tea Shops
For more information see Coffee and Tea.
Denton, like many college towns, has several coffee and tea shops, and everyone has his or her favorites.
- Art Six is sad because Big Mike's exists. It's a cute coffee shop located further north on Fry Street.
- Big Mike's Coffee is near UNT and open 24 hours a day. It is one of Denton's most popular coffee shops.
- Cafe Du Luxe
- Candy Store
- Cups and Crepes is a restaurant on Fry Street that offers coffee and breakfast items. It is generally only open from 8 am to 3 pm. It closes Sundays and Mondays.
- Crickles and Co. is a bakery that serves locally roasted coffee and tea.
- The Hydrant was a firefighter themed coffee shop located by The Square. (Should this even be listed? It's closed.)
- IHOP is second only to Big Mike's in attracting the late night crowd.
- Jupiter House
- Naranja Cafe is the place to go if you want bubble tea.
- Waffle House
- Zera Coffee Company
For more information see Bars.
- Abbey Underground
- Andy's Bar
- Cellar 22
- Cool Beans - located on Hickory Street next to Fry Street
- Crazy Horse Saloon
- Dan's Silverleaf
- Dusty's Bar and Grill
- Fry Street Public House
- The Labb Denton
- Lucky Lou's
- Mable Peabody's Beauty Parlor & Chainsaw Repair
- Mg's Restaurant and Brewery
- Pourhouse Sports Grill
- Rockin Rodeo
- Rocky's Sports Bar
- Side Bar
- Sweetwater Grill and Tavern
- Two Charlies
- University Lanes
- Vigne Wine Shop and Delicatessen
- Vitty's of Texas
see Hookah Bars