The #BlackLivesMatter movement started in response first to the grand jury ruling not to indict white police officer Darren Wilson for the murder of unarmed black 18 year old Michael Brown. The movement then grew further with the announcement of a New York grand jury not to indict a white police officer in New York for the murder of unarmed black man Eric Garner.
This is a page to document that many actions that have been carried out as part of the #BlackLivesMatter Movement.
If you know of additional actions, more accurate number counts, have additional sources, please add them to the page. Thanks! :)
Thousands of students have been walking out of schools in the Denver metro area. These walkouts are reaching historic numbers both in terms of number of students and schools participating, as well as the number of consecutive days taking place.
VISTA Peak Preparatory ~50
- Girls Athletic Leadership School (GALS) Denver ~100
- Denver School of Science and Technology ~150
- George Washington High School ~100
- Kipp High ~36
- STRIVE Preparatory School ~30
~400 Aurora students walk out
- Aurora Central High School
- Aurora Hills Middle School
- Columbia Middle School
- Gateway High School
- Overland High School
- Prairie Middle School
- Hinkley High School
- Rangeview High School ~200
- Smoky Hill High School
~350 Commerce City students walk out
- Adams City Middle School & High School ~250
- Adams City Middle School
- Kearney Middle School ~100
- Abraham Lincoln High School - ~400  
- Montbello High School hundreds
- George Washington High School - hundreds
- Thomas Jefferson High School - school placed on lockdown to prevent students from joining marchers
- Kennedy High School (not sure if this is the day they marched)
- East High School 1000
List information about marches that have taken place.
List information about creative actions that have taken place. Banner drops, die-ins, flash mobs, murals, anything!