The 22,500 square foot building was built in 1891 for the F. J. Schwankovsky piano, organ, and music company. Bought by Dan Gilbert's Bedrock Real Estate Service in the week of December 5, 2011 for $575,000. The building had been for sale since 2008. The nightclub operating in the building has one month left on its lease, which will not be renwed.
- Gilbert company buys another historic Detroit building. Detroit News. 13 December 2011.