Program where people can adopt lots near them for gardens. See also Blotting.
1. To use the Lot only for gardening and/or landscaping beautification and maintenance purposes.
2. To keep the Lot free of weeds, debris, litter, trash, rubbish, vermin, rats, and compost piles.
3. To maintain the Lot in a safe and orderly manner so as not to impede pedestrian safety, and so as not to obstruct motorist vision.
4. To take all reasonable measures and precautions to minimize noise, dust, and odors from the Lot.
5. To repair any damage caused to the Lot and/or properties affected by the activities at the Lot.
6. To comply with all laws, rules, regulations, standards, ordinances, orders, and codes that apply to the Lot.
7. Not to keep or allow animals on the Lot, including but not limited to livestock, poultry, pit bulls or vicious dogs.
8. Not to use, handle, generate, treat, store or dispose of, or permit the handling, generation, treatment, storage, or disposal of any hazardous materials in, on, under, around, or above the Lot.
9. Not to remove topsoil for any purpose, nor add any soil or other material without the City’s written permission.
10. Not to sell any item from the Lot.
11. Not to erect or install any structure (other than temporary fencing) on the Lot.
12. Not to install water features of any kind on the Lot, including but not limited to ponds or fountains. FOR OFFICE USE ONLY: Cluster No ____ Lot Size______________ Ward _____ Item_____________ 13. That the permit to use the Lot will expire on November 11, 2011.
14. That the City can revoke the permit to use the Lot if the City sells or conveys the Lot, or at any time, upon thirty (30) days’ notice from the City, and immediately if the City determines that there is a serious health or safety hazard or that I/we are in serious default of this permit.
15. When the permit expires or is revoked, to remove all materials, tools and equipment brought onto the Lot and to restore the Lot and properties affected by the activities at the Lot to their original condition.
16. That I/we are entering and using the Lot for my/our own purposes, on my/our own responsibility, at my/our own risk, to accept the Lot “As Is”, to be responsible for and assume the risk of loss, theft, or damage to any produce, materials, tools, and equipment, and to be responsible for the risk of injury or hazard to anyone who enters upon the Lot.
17. That the City makes no representation or warranty as to the status of title or the physical or environmental condition of the Lot, or its fitness for any particular use.
18. To release and discharge the City or its departments, officers, employees, or agents from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action whatsoever, legal and equitable, because of damages, losses, or injuries to person or property or both.
19. Not to sue the City or its departments, officers, employees, or agents, or to instituting, continuing, presenting, subrogating, collecting or in any way aiding or proceeding upon any claims, judgments, debts, causes of action, suits and proceedings of any kind at law or in equity.
20. To hold the City harmless and defend and indemnify the City from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, penalties, costs, charges, losses, demands, liabilities, and expenses (including, without limitation, fees and expenses for attorneys, expert witnesses and other consultants) that may be imposed upon, incurred by, or asserted against the City or its departments, officers, employees, or agents arising from and related to the use of the Lot, including but not limited to holding the City harmless from any and all claims by persons performing and or receiving items produced as a result of the gardening and/or landscaping beautification and maintenance process, as well as those functions related to maintenance, or visiting the lot under the sponsorship of the party to which this permit has been granted.