Coleman A. Young International Airport (IATA: DET, ICAO: KDET, FAA LID: DET), also known as Coleman A. Young Municipal Airport, is a public use airport on Conner Avenue located five nautical miles northeast of the central business district of Detroit, in Wayne County, Michigan, United States. It is owned by the City of Detroit and was formerly known as Detroit City Airport.
Delbert Brown resigned as airport manager on September 29 2010; Terrence King is interim director.
On July 28, 2010 the office of the Auditor General found seven serious issues in an audit that spanned July 2007 - September 2009. Among the issues:
- The Airport did not verify that Signature Flight Support Corporation was paying the contracted percentage of fees collected.
- The Airport had refundable deposits amounting to $100,519 but only $1,005 in its operation and maintenance account.
- The Airport received goods and services before a purchase order was issued.
- The Airport could not produce lease agreements for several tenants at the Airport.
(archived PDF of the audit: File:Airport 07-2007-09-2009.pdf)
In the news
City Airport's future may not involve flying, Detroit News, April 13, 2017.
- City in talks to restore passenger service, Detroit Free Press, May 4, 2012
- Resignation of Delbert Brown, September 2010