Filed a lawsuit in August 2008 to remove the City of Detroit from the title to Eliza Howell Park in Northwest Detroit, which his grandmother gave to the City in 1936. The City has not maintained the park, which Cheyne claims is a violation of the deed agreement. Cheyne hopes to develop 30% of the property and maintain the other 70% as a park.
- Namesake's heirs challenge Detroit for neglected acres. Freep. 6 February 2010