Adelaide Cottages a group of cottages in a cul-de-sac on the west side of Adelaide Road, Glasthule.
The 1901 census shows 8 houses there, some with multiple households. The number of people there was 43.
The 1901 census shows 6 houses there, some with multiple households. The number of people there was 31.
It was demolished and replaced by the houses of Dixon's Villas in 1933
Map (right) shows the position of the former Adelaide Cottages
History of the name
Adelaide Street, Adelaide Road, and Adelaide Cottages
Adelaide(left) 1792-1849 was the spouse of King William IV (1765-1837), and the sister-in-law of George IV. Adelaide and William had two legitimate daughters (William had many illegitimate children). One daughter died at birth, while the other died in infancy. So the monarchy went to William's niece, Victoria, on his death. George IV visited Dun Laoghaire in 1821, and many streets are named after members of his family.