Avondale is listed in the 1911 census as having 7 houses and 29 inhabitants. The houses are a mix from a single room to a number of 3,4, and 5 rooms, and among those is a large 10-room house occupied by a William Claffey. In the 1901 census, the big house is 14-rooms.
The location of Avondale is part of the present position of O'Rourke Park, Sallynoggin. In 1911, this was a group of houses in a rural setting.