At the time of Griffiths Valuation (1849) the area where Cabinteely Park now stands was open fields, part of the property indicated as number 2 on the maps associated with the valuation. This land (over 72 acres) was held by a Michael Graves from the leasholder Sir C Domville, Bart. The position of Cabinteely Park is marked by the blue pencil on the map.
Sir Compton Domville held large estates in Mayo, Laois, Roscommon and Dublin. He died 1857 and the estate was inherited by his son Sir Charles. There is a large collection of papers of the Domville Estate in the National Library. Find full details and a family history here
Cabinteely Park is a relatively modern cul de sac of three and four bedroom houses, called O'Sheas Cottages on some maps.
Part of Long Meadow estate, later addition to better known Monaloe Estate
Often confused by non-GPS-using taximen as "The Park, Cabinteely" which is miles away! Well a long walk, on other side of dual carriageway.
Some gardens have remnants of mature oak trees so this was part of a bigger estate at some stage . See above