Callaghan's Lane was a lane that ran northwards from the side of Smyths pub on Lower George's St. It is incorrectly named as Bentley Villas on the map (right).
In Thom's Directory, the 1852 edition Callaghan's Lane is shown as having "Thirty Small Cabins" (P 857)
In the 1911 census, is shown as having 20 households in about 14 dwellings and totalling 115 inhabitants.
In the 1901 census, is shown as having 30 households in about 26 dwellings and totalling 110 inhabitants. The dwellings are almost invariably listed as 3rd class.
Callaghan's lane was mainly demolished in 1924 when Bentley Villas was built.