Houses number 1 & 2, which are separated from the others by a lane, are shown in Griffiths valuation as owned by James Haigh, but are shown with low value. Of these, Number 2 was his office. The low value probably means that they were not complete at that time. James Haigh also owned number 3 which was shown as full value. This probably means that it was completed but not yet sold. James Haigh (1797-1878 had many irons in the fire, being an engineer, and millwright. He is also shown as the lessor of a number of houses at Mount Haigh, just around the corner in Upr George's St.
On the west side of the end of Haigh Terrace there was, until recently, a stagnant "pond". This was formerly a reservoir for storing fresh water for ships
On the east side of the end of Haigh Terrace is the National Maritime Museum
Beyond the end of the Terrace, until recently, there was a spectacular bronze statue of Christ The King, by Andrew O'Connor