Martello Avenue is a cul-de-sac off Summerhill Road. There is a pedestrian entrance to The Metals.
The name relates to the fact that one of the early Martello Towers was located close to the back garden of some of the houses. The tower is shown on maps dated from the early 1800s to 1860, but not shown in 1870. The location of the tower is now within the People's Park