Monkstown Crescent consists on the seaward (north) side, of a series mews created from the stables and outbuildings of Longford Terrace, and on the landward side of a terrace of low-profile 2-storey (some one-storey over basement) houses.
Many of the buildings on the seaward (north) side have been converted into restaurants and/or small businesses
Griffiths Valuation of the 1850s shows 15 houses, and a vacant site where Grosvenor Terrace now stands. Maps of that period show the western part of Longford Terrace (1840) with their mews at the Crescent. The eastern half of Longford Terrace dates from the late 1850s, and their site is shown as vacant.