The name "Quay Road" is never used on maps, signage, or in conversation locally in Dun Laoghaire. The address "Harbour Road" is used by the Commissioners of Irish Lights and others in the area.
Quay Road is a name given to the waterfront area of Kingstown in the 1911 census. It includes 15 private dwellings, the Morgue, the Railway Station, two Yacht clubs and a coastguard station. It had 96 occupants. There are considerable numbers of staff resident in each clubhouse, and staff and their families in the coastguard station
The same name is listed on the 1901 census