Rosmeen Gardens was built in the grounds of Granite Hall in the 1st decade of the 20th century. Granite Hall was a significant large house, built in the 1820s and demolished in the 1950s
By the time of the 1911 census, Houses number 1-10 had been built and were occupied. They are large Edwardian semi-detached houses and show 10 each rooms in that census. One of the occupants (No 4) was Albert Perrin, after whom Perrin's Row is named. 20 further houses were built at later dates.
It was the location of some German bombing during WW2. At approximately 7:30 in the evening of 20th December 1940, two Luftwaffe bombs fell in the area (the first at the junction of Rosmeen Park and Summerhill Road and the second between Rosmeen Park and Rosmeen Gardens), injuring three people.