Sandycove Avenue, West runs northward from Sandycove Road towards Sandycove Point.
It has one of the nicest historic postboxes in the area - a wall-mounted box carrying the signage of Saorstát Eireann, in the wall at the back of the old Sandycove baths. The postbox is in daily use.
Four terraced houses plus two large houses, Cove Castle (No 9) and St Michaels were built before 1860. Most of the rest of the east side of the road were completed within 10 years from then.