Tivoli Terrace South was originally called Tivoli Terrace and dates from about the 1840s
The houses originally had long back gardens stretching back to Tivoli Road and that position remained until that section of Tivoli Road was built at various times, much of it in the latter half of the 20th century.
Among the houseowners listed in 1849 was Sir Gilbert King, who owned large estates in Co. Leitrim. His records are held by the National Library.
Among the residents in 1911 was William Ingram Worthington Eyre, whose ancestry can be found here He was connected with the Eyres after whom Eyrecourt in Co. Galway is named.
Another resident was Thomas Digges La Touche, Geologist who had a distinguished career in India. His obituary is here