Lighthouse at the end of the West PierThe West Pier is the newer of the two main piers of Dun Laoghaire. The construction of the West Pier was authorised in 1820 and construction commenced almost immediately.
The pier is 1,548 metres (0.96 miles) long, and is the longer of the two piers.
The green lighthouse at the end of the pier was built in 1852 and was automated in 1930. The 1901 and 1911 census shows a lighthousekeeper (Mr Corish) and his family there.
Crucifx set into the wall on the lower level of the West pier .