Wolfe Tone Avenue is a cul-de-sac off Cross Avenue
There appears to be a number of names in the past for the area now occupied by parts of Wolfe Tone Avenue. Among those names are Paradise Place, Turners Lane, Long's Row, Bonds Lane.
Wolfe Tone Avenue was built about 1904 as part of a series of housing developments by the local authority to address the very poor housing conditions for the workers of the town.
By 1911 it had 185 occupants in 46 families in 36 inhabited houses (there were at least 9 uninhabited houses)