The University of Oregon was the first university established in Oregon and considers itself the flagship university for the state. In recent years enrollment at the University of Oregon has been growing rapidly. There has been a large influx of international students and out of state students. This growth can be attributed to the affordability of UO, somewhat more open admission standards than comparable universities in nearby states, and the success of the Ducks football team. Despite the 2008 economic downturn, new apartments have continued to be built around the university to supply the housing needs of the growing student body.
The University of Oregon has one of the strongest graduate student unions in the U.S., the GTFF. The GTFF has been instrumental in negotiating fair compensation and benefits for graduate student instructors.
Schools & Colleges
- College of Arts & Sciences
- Charles H. Lundquist College of Business
- College of Education
- School of Journalism & Communication
- School of Architecture & Allied Arts
- School of Music & Dance
- School of Law
- Robert D. Clark Honors College
- Campus Buildings
- Student Life
- uCribs - search available apartments near the University of Oregon Campus